Monodraught are pleased to be part of a major local construction project, the Handy Cross re-development scheme. The £150 million Handy X Hub development is based on an exercise well, eat well, and work well mix.
In addition to a new state of the art Leisure Centre and a full size Waitrose, the development includes a new purpose-built coachway park and ride and the potential to provide fast coach services to Heathrow, London and other national connections.
The leisure centre opened at the beginning of January 2016 and has been very well received by the public. Users of the centre have commented on how bright and airy the building feels.
The leisure centre includes:
- An eight lane 50 m pool with moveable floor and sub-aqua dive pit
- 20 x 8 m learner pool with moving floor
- Splash zone for toddlers
- Climbing wall
- 150 station gym
- Dance studios
- 12 court sports hall
- Four rink bowls hall
- Steam room and sauna
- 2 x squash courts
- 2 x party or meeting rooms
The Monodraught WINDCATCHER X-AIR is the latest generation of Natural Ventilation that follows in the footsteps of the successful WINDCATCHER Classic systems. This is an energy free Natural Ventilation system encompassing the benefits of both top-down and passive stack ventilation. The simple, but effective design of the system provides fresh air during the daytime as well as night-time cooling.
The main advantages Monodraught systems have over other forms of Natural Ventilation are:
- It doesn’t matter which way the wind blows, the louvres on one side will always entrain the prevailing wind and turn that air movement down through 90°.
- WINDCATCHER X-AIR natural ventilation systems are guaranteed not to leak from the date of commissioning. Monodraught backs up this promise with a full 10 -year product guarantee.
- ACTIVLOUVRE® modulating louvre technology allows the weather resistance of the external louvre blade to be increased dependent on weather conditions and even closed at roof level to prevent snow being blown through an open louvre arrangement.
- ACTIVLOUVRE uses a weather resistant double step louvre profile whilst providing 25% greater levels of ventilation than a conventional Classic louvre profile.
- Computer generated design of profiled internal rain trap louvre is fitted as standard.
The VENTSAIR wall mounted natural ventilation system is a high specification small format louvre system. The system has been used extensively in education facilities, health facilities as well as retail schemes.
Andrew McCubbin, Managing Director of Monodraught said:
“Monodraught’s whole team pulled together to ensure we were part of this landmark development. We are delighted to have installed our WINDCATCHER and VENTSAIR products for the benefit of Leisure Centre users right here on our doorstep.”
Monodraught look forward to continuing to support this development with further product installations as the construction is completed. Check back for further updates!